Wax Loop Web Browser Extension Data Collection
When installed and active in your browser, the Wax Loop browser extensions will periodically capture and send information about your bookmarks and websites you visit to our servers.
The purpose of collecting this data is to build a list of website domains (e.g. www.waxloop.com), associated common keywords parsed from the websites, and a count for each website of how many people either bookmark or visit a site.
For the purpose of our counts, we identify distinct users by hash-encrypting their email, if provided. If an email is not provided, then we use a static hash.
The email provided is either provided by your browser if you're signed in with a profile, or by you if you've signed in with a Stoic Dreams account.
We do not store, in any way, an unencrypted version of your email collected in this process on any of our servers. Nor can we decrypt the hashed version of your email.
The keywords we parse and associate to domains are used by our Wax Loop search algorithm to display similar websites when you perform a search on WaxLoop.com.
Your privacy is very important to us here at Stoic Dreams.
Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate, disclose, and make use of personal information.
Personal Information: We define personal information as information you manually enter into fields.
3rd Party: Any person, persons, or entities, not employed or owned by Stoic Dreams.
- Before, or at the time of, collecting personal information not explicitely defined in this policy, we will explicitely ask for the information, and identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- All websites owned and operated by Stoic Dreams requires cookies for login and security purposes.
- Stoic Dreams' websites may also store personal information directly in your browser, such as in localStorage, when such functionality is available.
- Email Addresses are only used for login and contact when requested, such as feedback or opt-in newsletter subscriptions. We will never share your email address without your express permission unless required by law.
- We will collect and use your personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We collect and store browser information for internal analytics. This may include your browser type, IP address, location information, and device information. We do not share this information with 3rd parties.
- This website stores personal information on your local browser when possible. This data may be synced with associated data on our server when a connection is available.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- All passwords submitted to this site are hashed before they are saved to our database.
- We retain records and history of all data submitted to this site, including but not limited to: IP addresses, browser information, and user account information.
- If you choose to delete your account with us we will disable your account from logging in and your account information and any private data will not be viewable by any other users. We will completely delete data from our database at our discretion.
- We retain the right to delete or store any data that is submitted to our sites, for as long a period as we choose, regardless of any other explicit policies.
- Users may request a copy of all of their information we have stored in our database. To request your information, simply submit a request through our Feedback. We will only send this information to the email we have on file for the related account.
- We retain the right to delete accounts, or any other data stored on our servers at our discretion. We make no guarantees that we will store your data for any length of time.
- We retain the right to update this policy at any time, and without any other notice.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.